Premier Division – Saturday September 19th 2015

CSFC Logo 300c                      Hamworthy United.png


Attendance – 85

Following two great away wins Cowes returned too Westwood Park for this League encounter against Hamworthy United themselves were not in the best of form. No one could have for seen what was going to happen in the mid table fixture.

Just three minutes into the game and a through ball saw John McKie beat visiting keeper, Jason Collins, to the ball on the right edge of his penalty area, John’s ball towards the goal was cleared off the line by a covering defender. Twenty minutes into the game and it was the visitors that were celebrating when  a free kick into the box saw Kayne Daysh win the header to set up MATT KEMBLE to volley past Ed Hatt for the opening goal of the game. It did not take the Yachtsmen long to equalise as AIDAN SAINSBURY smashed home a free kick from 25 yards in the 28th minute. Jez Conway then won a challenge with a defender before he set up Jordan Browne who saw his shot also cleared off the lined with the keeper beaten. The visitors regained the lead in the 39th minute when when Aidan Sainsbury gave the ball away putting his defence under pressure, Kayne Daysh again set up his strike partner MATT KEMBLE to score. Worse for the home side in the 45th minute when Kayne Daysh, through on goal was tripped by last man Jez Conway who was red carded and a penalty was awarded. Ed Hatt superbly saved Matt Kemble’s spot kick to keep his side in the game at half time.

H – t 1 – 2

Cowes started well in the second half as Aidan Sainsbury’s cross led to a poor punch by Jason Collins, but Jordan Browne headed wide of goal. Cowes were hit by a sucker punch on the hour when MATT KEMBLE fired home to complete his hat trick which was effectively game up. John McKie hit the post with a shot nobody was following and the chance was gone. Hamworthy were now well in control but some poor finishing kept the score down. A coming together in midfield with their player and Aidan Sainsbury. As the Cowes player tapped their player on the head, which the Referee saw as violent conduct and showed a red card to Aidan Sainsbury although at the end, their player said it was a harsh card. In the final minute BEN SATTERLEY slotted the ball past Ed Hatt to complete a miserable day for the Island side, definitely not the best preparation for the game at Salisbury.

Team:- Ed Hatt, James Butt(Max Draper 67), Jez Conway S/O, Simon Williams bkd, Ben Gregory, Nathan Lewis capt, Tom Scovell(Joe Adams 45), Aidan Sainsbury S/O, Jordan Browne, Jason Malcolmson(Keelan Sainsbury 67), John McKie bkd

Referee:- COLMAN O’MEARA         Assistants – Will Penny + Tom Darling