Premier Division – Saturday October 31st

  CSFC badge 2015 colour    Fareham Town's logo


Attendance – 101

Following the mid week defeat at Blackfield & Langley, Cowes Sports were looking to get back to winning ways and also gain revenge for the heavy defeat dished our by Fareham back in August. Jordan Browne was suffering from a touch of tonsillitis so dropped to the bench where he was joined by Max Draper and Jez Conway. James Butt and Jason Malcolmson stepped in as full backs whilst John McKie returned.

The Islanders started with intent and were first to show when a sixth minute shot from John McKie was blocked by a defender at the expense of a corner from which Dexter Malin saw his volley hit the outside of the left hand post. Farehams’ Bradley Norton broke through the Cowes back-line in the 19th minute, but Ed Hatt saved well at his near post, Dan Jackson was then allowed to run from his own half before shooting wide of Ed Hatt’s right post as the Creeksiders started to show some form. A cross from the Cowes left was headed clear but only to John McKie whose volley again came off Charlie Searle’s left hand post. Just passed the half hour and James Butts cross was headed straight at their keeper before Aidan Sainsbury shot from distance flew well wide. The final effort of the first half went to Fareham as Dexter Malin gave the ball away and Bradley Norton saw his effort hit the post.

H-t 0 – 0

A great start too the second half from the home side, Dexter Malin’s effort looked as though it was going in, Ed Sanders got a touch that deflected the ball onto the right post and away to safety. A 48th minute cross into the box saw Charlie Smeeton jump to win a header, the ball fell to OLIVER WILSON whose shot was adjudged to have crossed the goal-line by the near side Assistant much to the annoyance of the visitors defence, although after the game keeper Charlie Searle admitted to the Match Officials that the ball did cross the line. Within three minutes Cowes had doubled their advantage when Charlie Smeeton was sent free down the right, sent his cross into the area that beat a defender and the keeper leaving JOHN MCKIE the easiest of tap ins from inside the six yard box. Fareham responded with a shot from Bradley Norton that flew wide of target. Dexter Malin then done well down the Cowes right, pulled the ball back to Jason Malcolmson who cut back inside only to see his shot blocked on the line by a defender. Cowes were looking hungry for more goals and a third duly arrived in the 71st minute when some good football down the right ended with Aidan Sainsbury played the into CHARLIE SMEETON whose shot squirmed through the visitors keeper into the goal. John McKie then saw his header superbly tipped over the bar by Charlie Searle before the keeper again denied John McKie with another very good one handed save down to his left. An 83rd minute goal for Fareham by SIMON WOODS gave the visitors some hope but it was Cowes that pushed for a fourth as Keelan Sainsbury’s shot was gathered at his left post by the keeper. Finally Ed Hatt made another good save to deny them a second goal as Cowes gained three more points to take their tally to 21 from 13 games played putting them in 7th place at present.

Team:- Ed Hatt, James Butt, Jason Malcolmson, Aidan Bryan capt, Ed Sanders, Nathan Lewis(Keelan Sainsbury 67), Oliver Wilson( Tom Scovell 67), Aidan Sainsbury, Charlie Smeeton(Jordan Browne 80), Dexter Malin, John McKie, Subs not used; Max Draper + Jez Conway.

Referee:-  Jon Dolbear       Assistants – Rodney Burt + Will Penny